Livessavers provides solutions that advance the aspirations of people, communities, and donor partners worldwide, in a range of sectors including humanitarian assistance, stabilization and governance, economic growth, environment and energy, and infrastructure .
TITLE : Technical Intern, Humanitarian Relief and Development
DEPARTMENT : Program Quality and Learning
LOCATION : Remote
The Technical Intern will work within the Program Quality and Learning (PQL) Division’s Technical team. We are a team that provide technical support humanitarian, early recovery and stabilization programs operating throughout the globe. The Technical Intern will have the opportunity to work in a cross-cutting manner in different Countries. Duties and responsibilities for this internship include, but are not limited to:
- The launch of new Technical Communities of Practice bringing together Country Office and HQ experts to share knowledge, lessons learned and document approaches and best practices to be shared across the organization and externally.
- The collection, documentation, creation and updating of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) across various technical activities (e.g. food voucher distribution and redemption, hygiene kit distribution, psychosocial support case management).
- Research, analysis, and writing and/or editing to assist program implementation and new funding opportunities.
- The creation of a technical resource library that includes global and country-specific best practices.
- A graduate
- Ability to work up to 20 hours per week
- Ability to work a minimum of 8 weeks
- Adhere to all employment policies.
- Excellent organizational skills and great initiative
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work proactively with limited supervision
- Robust research and analytical skills
- Interested individuals should be able to effectively manage responsibilities and deadlines
- Individual must have the ability to communicate with colleagues, business partners, and other professionals of all ages, backgrounds and skill levels
- Willingness to engage in productive and challenging work
- Be open and receptive to feedback and learning opportunities
- Interns will conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, including working in a cooperative manner within a team-oriented environment.